I have been nominated by My Brain’s Escape for the Liebster Award! Thank you to Amy who has an amazing, heartfelt blog. I always look out for her updates, you should take a look if you haven’t already!
The questions that she gave me to answer are as follows (I will keep the answers brief as I tend to waffle)
- What country do you live in? United Kingdom
- Do you like to cook/bake? If so, what’s your favorite recipe? I like to cook, where I can make recipes up as I go along. I do not like to bake: I don’t have the patience to measure everything out so specifically as required when baking, and I get extremely angry when it all goes wrong (which is inevitably does)
- What type of job do you have? (Doesn’t have to be specific, just the general field you work in) I work as a programme officer, so supporting various projects and making sure people are doing what they are meant to be doing!
- Who do you feel has the most control, or gets their way more, in your relationship? Ooh controversial, I like it! I have been with my husband for a long time, and certainly at the beginning when I was younger it was me who got their own way, a lot. However as I’ve got older I’ve realised it’s not all about getting my own way, and things are much more even between us now.
- What “hidden” talent do you have that not many people know about? I make up fake words for things, sometimes they replace something that already exists, sometimes they are just strange sounds. Not sure this is an actual talent, but more a sign of lunacy
- If you could live anywhere in the world, money/work wasn’t a concern, where would it be? The UK. I love it here, I love the seasons, the pub culture, the history, the diversity and of course the ability to be sarcastic about almost everything
- Do you collect anything? No I don’t, I hate holding onto stuff and don’t really have a lot of sentiment for things, happy to mostly throw things out
- Do you have pets? If so, what are they and what are their names? Yes! Two lovely cats, Freddie (Mercury) and Lucy. They make me very happy.
- When you’re upset or stressed and need to relax, what do you usually do? More recently it’s been the gym. I started spinning last year and I absolutely love it. I also love the smell of lavender, (such an old lady) and find the smell very comforting.
- Do you have any injuries/scars from something that happened to you that impede on your every day life? I have a scar on my head from a car accident, but nothing that impedes my daily life, thankfully.
- If blogs didn’t exist, how would you get your feelings out? I’m not really one for holding back on my feelings, I’ve got some amazing friends and family members who are very patient and understanding so I think those feelings would be coming out one way or another anyway.
11 Random Facts About Me
- I’ve been with my husband for almost 14 years
- I used to have a crush on Freddie Mercury, and am still obsessed with Queen
- I have a tattoo that I got in New Zealand – I fainted whilst I was having it done
- I love live music and am very happy to have seen some amazing legends play (in my opinion) – Madonna, Oasis, Blur, Amy Winehouse
- I can say the alphabet backwards (SO useful)
- My favourite flowers are tulips (never used to be into flowers, obviously a sign of getting older)
- I’m scared of dolls, and as a kid never had one
- I also have a phobia of crabs (yay, I’m so normal)
- I can do the alphabet in sign language (bet you’re loving the alphabet facts)
- I used to have 11 holes in my ears, 6 in one and 4 in the other – they look ok now, but feel very bumpy if you were to touch them (but why would anyone do that)
- I’m doing a 34 mile bike ride next month for charity
My 11 questions for my nominees are:
- What simple thing makes you happy?
- What sort of music do you like?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- Do you have any tattoos?
- Do you have any weird fears?
- Do you play an instrument?
- How do you think others would describe you in three words?
- Where has been the best place you’ve travelled to?
- What languages can you speak?
- Do you have any pets?
- How long have you been blogging for?
I still feel pretty new to the blogging world, so am going to nominate a variety of blogs from those that I keep up with frequently to those I’d like to get to know more. Really sorry if you’ve already been nominated.